1. Trevor Mbakwe gets the highest rating of last weekend’s action after coming off the bench to score 18 points as his side Maccabi Tel Aviv defeated Bnei Hertzeliyya 85-70 in the top tier of the Israeli Basketball league, Mbakwe who is in his second professional season after graduating from Minnesota in 2014 also pulled down a game high 16 rebounds.
2. 12 points and 16 rebounds was not enough for Callistus Eziukwu as his side Rovinari dropped their second game in a row in the Romanian top division. Rovinari were beaten by Gaz Metan 75-68.
3. Despite putting up a decent effort of 16 points and 7 rebounds over the weekend, Nigerian Intentional Michael Umeh was on the losing side in his teams second game of the season. Ironi Nahariya went down 63-84 to Maccabi Haifa to split their first 2 games of the season.
4. Well traveled big man Jeleel Akindele started his first season in the Turkish top flight with an impressive double double of 14 points and 12 rebounds in Yesilgiresun’s 79-74 win over top side Besiktas. The Nigerian International will be looking to make his mark in Turkey after having impressive spells all across Europe in previous seasons.
5. Veteran power forward Reggia Okosa finished with 17 points and 9 boards in Argentina over the weekend. His side Penarol earned a slim 86-83 victory over Obras Basket. Okosa graduated from La Salle University back in 2002.